- This new technology sorts through genetic information and mutations, improving doctors’ ability to detect abnormalities and identify embryos with the highest chances of producing a viable pregnancy.
- Chromosomal Abnormalities Many of the embryos formed during infertility treatments carry no possibility of becoming a baby because they carry lethal genetic abnormalities.
- Around 70% of the time, an embryo fails to form because of these abnormalities in its DNA.
- This procedure allows you to select the healthiest embryo for implantation, increasing your chances of having a healthy baby.
- Preimplantation Genetic Screening (PGS) is a test that examines the chromosome material of an embryo.
- It can tell if the appropriate number of chromosomes are present (46), or if an abnormal number of chromosomes are present.