Fertility Preservation is normally used by patients alarmed about their future fertility. Fertility can be affected by a number of different factors, including disease, lifestyle, career, or age.
Fertility preservation is the cryopreservation (freezing) of human reproductive tissue to be used later for in freezing.
- Male / female who have been exposed to toxic chemicals.
- Women with grade II endometriosis, Uterine fibroids.
- Male/ female partner who are to be treated for cancer
- Male/ female who are about to be treated for an autoimmune disease, such as lupus.
- Male/ female are diagnosed for a genetic disease that affects future fertility.
- Male/ female who are career oriented and want to delay having children.
- Male partner travelling abroad and are on short visit can preserve semen samples for IUI/IVF.
Sperm freezing also known as cryopreservation or semen banking is a technique of preserving sperms by freezing and storing in liquid nitrogen at the temperature of -196⁰C that is useful on a later date for fertilizing an egg.
Sperm freezing is useful if:
- you have a condition, or are facing medical treatment for a condition, that may affect your fertility
- you are about to have a vasectomy
- you have a low sperm count or the quality of your sperm is deteriorating
- you have difficulty producing a sample on the day of fertility treatment
- you are at risk of injury or death.
Initial Consultation with Neelima Fertility Specialist