Donor treatment is one of the imperative treatments in ART procedures, with current scenario almost 30 % of women suffer from infertility because of absence of ovarian reserve, blame it to lifestyle or the changing trend.
Who will need a donor oocyte of egg?
- If women is older than 40 or unable to become pregnant with her own eggs.
- Poor ovarian reserve.
- Repeated miscarriages because of embryo issues, donor embryos can be an option.
- If you’re at risk for passing a genetic disease to your child, donor eggs or embryos may be an option,
- If both the partner both have fertility problems.
- Donor sperms can be an option with males partners suffering from Azoospermia.
- Some women may have a specific genetic condition such as cystic fibrosis or fragile x syndrome because of which they cannot have their genetically related babies.
Couples can use donor sperms when male partners have no sperm (azospermia) or very poor semen analysis or if there is a genetic problem which can be inherited from male.
Donor Embryo adoption using fresh donor eggs and donor sperms the resulting embryos are transferred into the recipient female.
Who will need a donor embryo?
Females with very less ovarian reserve or no reserve. and males with no sperm count.
Both the partners carrying the risk of possibility of passing genetical disorders.
Initial Consultation with Neelima Fertility Specialist
Start of Treatment
The first step in the process is undergoing, Donor and couple Investigations.
Donor is stimulated by injection for 10-12 day This continues until the eggs are mature. The stimulation process is monitored through ultrasound scan and E2 level. At the same time recepient Endometrial preparation is done
Trigger injection is given for egg release and patient is scheduled to egg retrieval in between 34-36 hours. At the same time progestron injections is started for recepient
Oocyte (egg) retrieval
Under anesthesia vaginal ultrasound guided probe is inserted and the follicles are aspirated
Each donor oocyte is injected with selected sperm of the recepient partner.
Under the ultrasound guidance, three good quality embryos are carefully selected and carefully transferred through the vagina and cervix to the uterus, where implantation begins.
After 15 days of transfer the female partner is asked to undergo beta HCG test to confirm the Pregnancy. If the pregnancy is confirmed then they are called after 15 days for viability scan.
Take the first step today